My Resources for Teachers
My Protopage I’ve been using Protopage for years to share resources on the web instead of having to constantly email the same information to other educators. I’ve organized the tabs of my page with topics such as: Twitter, Social Bookmarking, Social Media in Education, Finding Images, Teaching with TED.com, Pi Day, Designing Presentations, and Mobile Apps in Education.
My Bookmarks Delicious is one of the first Web 2.0 applications that got me interested in Education Technology. I’ve been using it since 2005 to collect and share resources on the web on a variety of subjects including: Education, Technology, Math, Design, and more!
My Slidedecks I use Slideshare to upload the slidedecks I use in workshops, events, and other talks. Most are on education, technology, or math.
My Wikis I’ve started using wikis to collect, organize, and share resources from talks and events:
- Tech Trends in Education During the spring of 2013 into the beginning of 2014, I gave several 2 part talks based on the Horizon Report published by the New Media Consortium and EDUCAUSE. This wiki has a copy of the slides used along with a page with resources specific to each of the 12 trends discussed.
- History and Future of Higher Education This wiki contains information about the discussion series that I organized as part of HASTAC’s FutureEd initiative and based on Cathy Davidson’s MOOC on Coursera. There are also notes from the session as well as resources on many issues such as online learning and education reform. I am also participating in the blog that our group has created to document & share our experiences, you can find my posts/comments here.
- Online/Blended Learning Collaborative (OBLC) I started this wiki as a way of continuing to share information and links with others at the university that help support and produce both online courses and online programs at the university.
- The Faculty EdTech PD wiki was started to post resources for Faculty Technology Day at Fordham 2014, since then I’ve used it to collect other resources on other presentations/workshops/events.
- Lectures I’ve given as part of the LearnIT series are posted on the Treglia wiki I created.
Flickr You can find some of the images that I’ve created on education/technology topics as well as for online programs mixed into my photostream
Twitter I usually tweet about education, technology, math, science, design, entrepreneurship, social activism, and other interesting things… Check out the Kristen Weekly: Ed Tech & More, content from my Twitter network in newspaper format.
Conference Site I’m using this Google site to organize resources/presentations/notes from Conferences I have attended and presented.
Kristen’s Content and Curation This weebly site has pages with my content/curation of many of my interests including education and technology.